Open Call for Proposals – Tech businesses are eligible!
This Call for Proposals is open to Caribbean businesses that are exporting or have the potential to export goods or services. Businesses serving a variety of sectors including ICT/technology, are eligible to apply.
The Caribbean Export Development Agency (CEDA), the regional trade and investment promotion agency, is inviting applications for its Direct Assistance Scheme. The Scheme, which is funded by the European Union, provides financial assistance to small businesses with strong potential to export their product. Tech businesses are eligible for funding, provided they are:
- a firm (i.e. entity, individual or company) legally registered and operating in a CARIFORUM member state
- trading in the following Sectors: Alternative Energy, Agriculture, Agro-Processing, Creative Industries (e.g. Fashion, audio-visual, music, artisans, etc.), Health & Wellness, Information Communication Technology, Manufacturing, Professional Services, Tourism
- exporting or can demonstrate their potential to export goods and services
- operational for at least two (2) years supported by last two years financial statements/accounts; and
- able to finance and sustain their projects fully at the beginning; that is 100% financing is available prior to project initiation.
CEDA will reimburse up to 70% of the total cost of the project. Hence applicants must have the funds available to fully cover the project, since reimbursement will only be effected once activities or projects under the grant contract have been completed.
Through the standard application process, CEDA can award between €5,000 and €30,000 (approximately USD 6,840 and USD 66,400). However, under accelerated procedures, applicants can secure reimbursement of between €1,000 and €5,000 (approximately USD 1368 and USD 6840).
Applications can be submitted via email, to email@example.com, or by post. The deadline for submission is Friday, 28 November 2011, and no later than 4:30 p.m. Eastern Caribbean Time. More information on this grant, including the application forms and guidelines for the application process, can be found on the CEDA website, under Direct Assistance Scheme.